Thursday, July 22, 2010

Health is Wealth

I love being in Second Life and surfing the internet, but that involves sitting in front of the computer. I always make sure to get in 1-2 hours of exercise in my day. This summer I am taking a cardio kickboxing class twice a week. When that class ends, I am already signed up for a step aerobics class next. Whenever I'm not taking any sort of exercise class in my day, I walk/jog a 10k on those days. I take the classes for motivation and walk/jog outdoors to feel free and for fresh air. I don't like the excuse of not having time.



I used to obsess over weight, but now I don't stress over it too much because I've learned a lot about size acceptance. My main focus now is health. I've mentioned before that one of the things I look for in people that I meet is to see if they are LGBT friendly. I also look to see if they are fat friendly.



This is something I'll be doing for the rest of my life. This is the rule I go by: Work my [butt] off and eat whatever I please, but also understand my limits. Meaning I won't do a marathon and eat buffet style every day. I was always told that, "your health is your wealth." Sure, people with a lot of money are seen as wealthy, but none of that money will matter if they don't take care of their health.

No comments: