Monday, June 14, 2010

Some of the reasons why I heart SL!

The next topic for the BBBC is to write about three positive things in my Second Life. The following three are just a few of the many reasons why I love SL!

A couple of years ago, I downloaded WeGame after getting some interest in making machinima in SL after watching some videos by Torley and Stolvano. I had an old computer then and I crashed in SL every time I used WeGame, so I never had the chance to record anything longer than a minute. A couple of weeks ago, I started playing around with machinima again and I'm enjoying it so much more now that I'm not using an old computer. I'm having fun recording things in SL and I do have to admit that it's nice to see my avatar without having to log in. I've met people in SL who have told me that they do get attached to their avatars too and I'm sure many others feel the same way.


The next is a place in SL that I feel has an impact on people's real lives. I've been a volunteer for the Rainbow Gardens Pet Memorial Center in SL for the passed 2 years. People visit Rainbow Gardens to remember and mourn the loss of their RL pets. It is a sad time for when someone loses a beloved pet. Rainbow Gardens reminds people that even though their pets have passed on, they will never be forgotten. I love going to the gardens and I find it one of the most peaceful places to visit.


Last, but not least are the friends that I've made in SL. I love each and every one of them. I've known most of them since I first signed up for SL. It's always a good time whenever we get together to dance and chat. I wish we can teleport to each other in RL too.

No comments: