Friday, August 20, 2010

Millennium Trilogy

Last night, I finished reading the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. The trilogy consists of the books (in sequential order): The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I heard about the first book in the trilogy from the CVL book discussion group and I later found out that the story continued with two other books. I enjoyed the first book, but the parts that caught my interest the most were the ones that involved one of the main characters, Lisbeth Salander. I liked books two and three more than the first because it gave more information on Salander. I also loved how Larsson used strong female characters in the books, especially in the third. I watched the Swedish movie version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I thought it was OK. I always think that a book is better than a movie. I am interested in seeing how the US movie version will be though. I would definitely recommend this trilogy if you are looking for new titles to add to your reading list.

While reading the books, I thought of pictures I could use with my avatar for this post. I started playing around with the book titles and here's what I came up with.

The Girl with the Dragon Avatar

The Girl who Plays Second Life®

The Girl who Kickboxes

No comments: